Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Quality Family Time

This Christmas my brother and I traveled down to AZ to be with the family. Seeing that my brother and I are 21 and 25 it seems that my Mom decided to pull the "Everyone gets to choose one thing they get to do while were here...." Yea, my dad chose a basketball game, my brother chose a basketball game and my mom chose a football game...I chose going "hiking" in Sedona. This was obviously the completely absurd choice since the previous choices were so uniquely different from one another. My brother begged to stay home and work on his new, 'Funk Flexin Fresh' CD he's coming out with...(he actually is a pretty good DJ but the names are ridiculous!)

On the trip to Sedona we practically reenacted the Family Grizwald Christmas and played car games.
(21 questions)
Dad:male?
Keith: Yea
Dad: Music
Keith: Yea
Nikki: Rap?
Keith: Yea
Dad: Black?
Keith: Yea
Mom: EMINEM!
......
We soon arrived... the rocks carved out the the earth were incredible. The clouds hung low swooping in and out of the spaces between the rocks- a storm was traveling in. We had a couple hours for a little exploring which mostly included my brother sleeping in the car while my parents yelled..."Don't Slip" every other rock and, "Stand back from the edge." Roaming without a purpose-lovely. It was great to explore freely with the camera in such a beautiful place. When you look back at photos you are often reminded..."Oh yes thats when I was laying over that cliff, risking my life to get that angle." There are so many incredible stories behind each photo that most viewers will never know... sadly. One thing that I appreciate about photography is there will never be another picture like the one you just clicked. Is it to take two identical pictures in a row. To me, these are a couple things that make it special.

As the storm crept closer my bro said he wanted to stop somewhere too before we left...Starbucks.
Then it started to pour.
And 21 questions began again.

No comments:

Post a Comment